DEKAL Wireless, Jamaica Secteur: Les fournisseurs de services
DEKAL Wireless is Jamaica's first island-wide broadband Wireless Internet Service Provider (WISP).
DEKAL Wireless is Jamaica's first island-wide broadband Wireless Internet Service Provider (WISP). Its aim is to provide its subscribers with access to the Internet anytime, anywhere in the country, whilst maintaining the highest quality of service possible, the most flexible and hassle free service provision, at the most economical and affordable price.
InfiNet Wireless and its local partner SUPERWIFI Solutions were approached by the service provider to design and implement an island-wide wireless solution as an overlay network to its already existing overhead fibre network, which itself was experiencing frequent downtime. The terrain across Jamaica has always been a challenge to any wireless provider, not helped by the presence of numerous mountains in the country, which makes it difficult to achieve Line-Of-Sight (LOS) conditions and provide the ultimate connectivity.
InfiNet’s range of PTP solutions, the InfiLINK 2x2, was selected as the best available solution, combining non-LOS capabilities with high throughputs of up to 280Mbps and a range of Quality of Service (QoS) features to offer DEKAL’s customers a reliable service and full peace of mind.
The first phase of the project was initiated in 2011 and completed by mid-2012. The longest single-hop link deployed so far covers a distance of 40km. Various extensions of this initial network have been implemented and future ones catered for in DEKAL’s roll-out plans.
DEKAL Wireless is already servicing areas where broadband data infrastructure was simplynot available previously, and will continue to expand its reach to remote areas, particularly for under-serviced and isolated rural dwellings. InfiNet has once again stepped up to provide a state-of-the-art solution, at an affordable cost, to connect remote communities and reduce the digital divide that existed in the country before.
- To bring affordable and reliable broadband access to the whole of Jamaica with excellent, consistent performance
- To deploy an infrastructure that requires minimal support and maintenance
- To provide long-range backhaul to reach all parts of the country
- InfiLINK 2x2 point-to-point connectivity with 300Mbps capacity and 200mW transmit power
- Third party high performance antennas to cover long distances
- Highly reliable and easy to deploy core backbone network in the 5GHz frequency bands
- Highly affordable solution for rural broadband with minimal support and maintenance
- Highly robustly solutions to cater for extreme and inclement weather conditions